Saturday, January 26, 2008

Growing

There is a lot of growing going on around here. Not all good I might add.... Today I did something amazing: When others where tucking in their shirts... I was tucking in my 'growing' I've done over the last months. And no smarties- I'm not pregnant! SIGH...

I think this means I need to exercise. I hate exercise. I hate it when others say " I feel so great after I run and I have so much energy." Me? I feel like death and want to sleep... Ahh, life's big question looms: How do I loose weight without doing anything??

I'm just kidding. I know I need to exercise (yuck).

Isn't interesting how closely our lack of endurance with weight mimics our Christian walk? So often we seem to just float along, nibbling here and there from the world. Not eating and drinking the Word of God or running our race? Then one day we look down and our fat pants don't fit? Our flesh has multiplied and taken over? Why is it we think that one little cookie won't hurt? Or one peek at Grey's Anatomy on ABC won't really matter? We're just watching for the medical stuff right???

Time and time again I am reminded that I can't just walk the line. It's no good to be *almost* Christ-like. Just like it's no good to be almost in a 4, err I mean a 6.... Ok Ok a 8! Snap!

1 comment:

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Cierra, Thanks for the advice about ear piercing. My friend in Spain had her baby's ears pierced in the hospital (basically all girl babies get it done before they leave the hospital over there). I didn't think doctor's here would do it so I didn't think to ask. I will definitely see if we can have it done at her two month appointment.

 

Pera Party of Five | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates